Friday, April 21, 2006

Easter Traditions and Coming Home

This Easter I went home. I grew up in Galt, where I found a group of amazing people. Strong bonds were forged during high school that have lasted over a decade.

For many years, this group has had an Easter tradition, introduced to us by our friend and his mom. It's an Assyrian tradition, which is too magical to describe here.

Actually, it's not the tradition itself that's magical, but instead it's the people that make it what it is. The tradition just helps to give the rest of us a glimpse of an ancient culture and a feeling of belonging.
For the last few years, I haven't been to one Easter in Galt. This year I realized I've been missing it and finally went back. What an amazing homecoming! I feel so lucky to have such amazing people and experiences in my life, and I just wanted to share that with you. ;)

Pictures are posted here, under Easter.

No comments:

Post a Comment